Monday, May 7, 2012

Citrone- Orange St. - Redlands, CA

Right in the middle of Redland's "Restaurant Row", as I like to call it, lies Citrone. One of the city's more upscale fine dining establishments. I had heard many rumors about this place, most of which you can ask me if you really want to know, but I decided to test it out for myself. I went with Jill and we each got our own salad, and then split an entree. Seeings as I am writing this entry so late, I cannot recall if we had dessert or not, however the death by chocolate cake on the menu would have been my first choice.






           Pictured above: Dining Room (Picture from citron website), Citrone Salad, California Salad, Monterey Chicken
        For more menu options and information visit: Citrone's Website
  • Cuisine: Fine Dining- Steaks, Pastas, Chicken...and other expensive fanciness.
  • Favorite Food Items: California Salad, Monterey Chicken
  • Price: $$$- Lunch fare can be a little less pricy with salads ranging from $9-11, however if you wish to add chicken that will be an extra $5. A little ridiculous if you ask me based on the portions provided. Other lunch plates such as pizzas, sandwiches and entree items range from $10-20. Dinner menu kicks it up a notch with pastas, chicken, steak, lamb, and catch of the day ranging from $15-48. There is also a recommended $20 plate minimum charge.
  • Ambience The atmosphere at Citrone is modern in comparison to many other eateries in Redlands. The space is narrow with tables more along the wall than a wide open space.The kitchen is open to the restaurant so if you are near it you can watch the action. I personally enjoy the high ceilings and brick walls that create a "loft" like vibe. Nice place for a date night, if you don't mind spending the extra cash.
  • Dress Code: I would not dream of walking into this place with a t-shirt on. If you insist on going more casual, nice jeans, fancy top and heels for the ladies. Men- dress pants and a button up, or nice jeans, dress shoes and a polo or sports jacket if you wish you "dress it down". 
  • Shell's Rating: 3 out of 5 -The atmosphere is unique in that I don't feel like I am dining in the inland empire. I think it would be a fun spot for an upscale date if I wanted to stay local. If I was looking for a place with great food, trendy atmosphere, and worth the money, I think I would rather drive into LA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment